About stuttering u.
Stuttering U. is designed for children who stutter, their parents, and professionals. Programming is tailored to those audiences to provide relevant information about stuttering and its management. The ultimate goal is to provide children who stutter with the best possible support for their communicative and life success.
For Children Who STUTTER
Stuttering U. provides children who stutter with an opportunity to meet and interact with other children who stutter. The 3-day camp is designed to give children a traditional camp experience and also support their individual communication needs. It includes:
- Group building games and activities
- Individual and group therapy
- Education about stuttering
- Managing teasing & bullying
- Recreational activities (rock climbing wall, swimming, basketball, outdoor games, etc)
FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WHO STUTTER
The camp is also comprised of a parent track, designed specifically for parents and family members of children who stutter. The parent track is facilitated by the camp directors and focuses on:
- Education about the nature and causes of stuttering
- Information on how to support the needs of their child
- Networking with other families
- Opportunity for private consultation